I am on a path of being an inspirational; intuitive artist, practitioner and mentor. My passion is for creating spaces that supports natural healing and creative expressions for the mind, body and spirit. I have 20 years of experience with alternative health and mentoring. I studied a wide range of modalities and I have completed leadership/mentoring training with “Step Into Your Power” Productions LLC.” with Millionaire Mom; Susan Sly in Toronto and “Quantum Life Changes” with Mind Coach’s; Cardell and Linn Smith in Hawaii.
I have taken a wide range of training in different art mediums, with my current focus is on acrylics and resin which has evolved into being an expert resin artist. Over the years I have learned to work with wood, stain glass, starting at a young age taking shop/wood working and art in Bowmanville. With another passion for nature and especially trees, I enjoy working with natural elements and re-purposed items which create mix media paintings on gallery style wood panels which are preserved with the best environmentally friendly Artresin TM. Added to all my training I worked for 13 years at B.M.R. Mfg. Inc. – Signs in Campbellford, learning many aspect of sign making and design, which evolved into being Manager of Sign Sale Department. Now since the beginning of April 2014, my life took a new direction and I took a leap of faith by practicing my passion of art full time, following my dreams. I love creating art pieces that showcase energy and beauty, to create positive energy that impact living things that make a difference in our world.
In between creating my healing art, I assist people with my Full Spectrum Intuitive Healing which is a combination of a variety of modalities such as Reiki (Master), Quantum Touch, Cranial Sacral, Reflexology Massage, Energy & Emotion Releasing Technique, Aromatherapy, and Crystals, Cards, Sound, Color Therapy. In my free time, I am teaching private art/mentoring sessions and creating Paint Nights so others can come out to play and have fun. I feel everyone can do art and I know it raises people’s mood which contributes to their mental and physical wellness. I love blending all my passions, in all areas of my life and especially love adding these elements into my art which creates very unique powerful energy paintings.
Part of my mentoring is teaching other people to step into their power and shine, by the art they do or duplicating my art mentoring program by teaching art. I work on mind, body and spirit which I incorporate into art, so people that come to me can start to rebuild their belief system by eliminating blocks. Some of my clients have been de-stressed by the art, and this has given them something to focus on outside of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, Autism, Depression or other life challenges.
- Peterborough Physic Fair – Peterborough – 2014 & 2016 – Displayed art.
- Book-Challenges of Awakening – Living Parables – Gayle Crosmaz-Brown-Campbellford – 2014 – Featured Painting- Circle of friends/Blood Moon, 24×24” Acrylic with foils on canvas.
- Peterborough Physic Festival – Peterborough – 2015 – Displayed art.
- Trent Hills Gallery & Studio Hop – October 3 & 4, 2015. – Featured Artist with Joan Sheppard-Acorn Room at Community Resource Centre in Campbellford.
- Link Magazine in “The Eclectic Eye” – Winter Solstice 2015. – Featured Painting -Secret Meeting, 36×48” Abstract acrylic with copper, crystals and resin on a gallery wood panel .
- Women in Wellness – Marmora – March 5, 2016 – Featured Artist.
- Warkworth Maple Syrup Festival Juried Art & Photography Show and Sell-April 2016: Painting on Display – Midnight Madness, 20×20” Abstract acrylic with copper, crystals and resin on a gallery wood panel – Won “2016 People’s Choice Award”.
- Caroline Organics & Floral Design – Campbellford – 2016.
- I am Coffee Café – Campbellford – July 2016 to March 2017
- Black & White Ball – Bridge Hospice Fund raiser – September 16, 2016 – Featured Artist.
- Cheeky Bee Gallery – Warkworth – May 5, 2016 to August 2016 – Displayed art.
- Cobourg Hospital – Spirit of the Hills – Juried Show – July 15, 2016 to January 13, 2917 – Group Show.
- Campbellford Library – Spirit of the Hills Show – June 12 to July 22, 2016 – Group Show.
- Purple Onion Festival – Peterborough – 2016 – Displayed art/Donation.
- Cobourg Rotary Art & Craft Festival – Spirit of the Hills Booth – July 2 & 3, 2016 – Displayed art.
- All that Jazz – Port Hope – September 9 to October 6, 2016 – Juried Show.
- Canoe Museum – Peterborough – 2016 – Displayed art/Donation.
- Campbellford Library – Spirit of the Hills Show – October 28, 2016 to January 19, 2017- Featured Artist
- Capers Restaurant – Spirit of the Hills Show-December 20, 2016 to January 31, 2017 – Group Show.
- Warkworth Maple Syrup Festival Juried Art & Photography Show and Sell – April 2017: Painting on Display – Golden Moments, 24×24” Abstract acrylic with copper, crystals and resin on a gallery wood panel. – Won “2017 People’s Choice Award”.
- Festival of the Arts – Spirit of the Hills – October 13, 14 & 15, 2017. – Group Show
- Featured at The Jolicoeur Gallery, Campbellford
- Currently displaying at The Riverview Family Restaurant.
- CBIA – Campbellford Business Improvement Association – 2012-2014 – Committee and promoted Downtown Campbellford.
- CKOL Radio (Non-Profit) – Campbellford-Saturday Morning – 2013 – Announcer, Facebook and photographed events.
- Campbellford Business Improvement Association – 2012 to 2014 – Committee and photographed all special and promotional events.
- Aron Theatre Co-op – Campbellford-Fun Pose – Creative events with local young people to promote Thursday special shows, to raise money – 2013 – Organized live art installations which included art for props and photographed events.
- Incredible Edibles Festival – Campbellord – 2014 to 2015 – Facebook and Photographed festival and special events.
- Spirit of the Hills – Northumberland County – 2016 – 2017 – Committee, Photographed event and 2017 Campbellford Library curator.
- Art/Spiritual Mentor – Joan S., Michelle B., and Cathy M. 2016 – Taught them how to do a personal collage to allow them a space to talk and work things through their art.
- Art/Spiritual Mentor – Jackie C. – 2016 – 2017 – Taught her how to do a mixed media art piece and provided a place to grow and open up during a difficult time.
- Art Mentor – Kate S. – April 2016 to 2017 – Taught mixed media weekly, did a few joint art projects, arranged two shows for Kate, organized all promotional materials and taught her how to set up professional art business.
- Art – March 2017 – Private Birthday party at I am Coffee Café – Campbellford
- Art/Spiritual Mentor – March 2017 – Girl Guides – Taught art for an Art/Nature Badge.
Sherry Turner Art
Visual Mixed Media/Resin Artist